How to Stay Safe if your Car Breaks Down
If you find yourself in a situation with your car showing signs of a break down do you know what to do? Many people do not think about break downs and find themselves in danger when parked at the side of the road. Here are some safety tips to help you avoid further issues while waiting for the towing Aurora IL drivers require:
* Pull Over: When you feel something is amiss with your car get to the side of the road as quickly and safely as possible. Do not panic. Turn on your hazards and wait until you see an area that provides a safe place to pull over. If you are on the highway and you are approaching an exit pull off the highway if you feel you can do so safely.
* No Cell Phone: If you do not have a cell phone while on the highway see if it is possible to reach an emergency phone on the roadside. This works well as a) you can call for assistance and b) it will give you a location number.
* Adjust your Wheels: Adjust your wheels so that they are facing away from the highway. This is very important as it will keep your car safe from the risk of being pushed into traffic should someone clip you.
* Stay Inside: It is safest to stay inside the car and be pulled over as far off the main road as possible. Call for towing Aurora IL from inside the car and wait for them to arrive.
* Exiting the Vehicle: If it is summer and you find it is too hot to stay in the car be certain to exit your car from the passenger side to avoid being hit from passing traffic. Stand well back from traffic and do not stand near your car. If there is a guard rail, stand behind it.
* Flat Tire: In the case of a flat tire pull over with your hazard lights on as safely as possible. You might want to consider calling towing Aurora IL drivers use in order to avoid being hit while trying to change the tire yourself.
Following these simple steps will help keep you safe while you wait for help to arrive.
If you are looking for towing Aurora IL drivers can depend on Green Machine Towing can help. Visit greenmachinetowing.com or call 630-305-0533 for information.