Considerations to Take When Looking for Oil and Gas Insurance in Houston
Insuring your workforce is a very important measure to take in a hazardous working industry such as oil and gas rigs. Facing the reality that this is a potentially dangerous work environment and providing the best possible insurance in response vital to the success of an oil company. When considering Oil and gas Insurance in Houston, it may not be a bad idea to look into companies like Metro Allied Insurance, among others that may be able to offer the following types of coverage.
* Company Benefit Plans –
* Managing complex benefit options over multiple sites, if necessary, and creating streamlined benefits policies for all covered groups and individuals.
* Medical Emergency Evacuation
* – If a worker is seriously injured in a work related accident, they will be quickly and safely transported to a quality, local medical facility for treatment.
* Life and Accident Coverage –
* Covering death, or continuous benefits if a worker becomes injured or disabled.
* Liability Insurance –
* Helps to protect the business from employee and public claims such as environmental spills or pollution.
* Medical Coverage –
* A hot button right now with the new Affordable Health Care act coming into effect. This can help to ensure that your workforce is legally covered with the best medical care available to them.
While most industries need only focus on provided health benefits to their employees, given the potentially dangerous nature of working on or near an oil rig, it is in the best interests of the business, its operators, and their employees to seek out coverage that has been specifically tailored to the industry. Many ‘traditional’ Oil and gas insurance plans include a number of waivers and fine print that may disqualify oil rig workers from the coverage that they need and are entitled to simply because of the type of work they are doing. It is vital as the business owner or operator that you ensure that your workforce is properly covered. The bottom line is also important to the business owner and for this reason, looking into an insurance plan that protects the worker, as well as the business itself is good for everybody involved.