Why You May Need a Personal Injury Lawyer in Terre Haute IN

by | May 7, 2014 | Lawyers and Law Firms

Recent Articles



If you’ve been injured, you may be eligible for compensation to cover your injury under personal injury laws. In order to be eligible, the injury must be due to the negligence of another person or a business. Negligence is where the person or business caused your injury due to not taking an action on their part which would have prevented the injury. If you suspect that your injury is due to negligence and you could receive compensation for your injuries, you will want to speak with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Terre Haute IN.

Some of the different personal injury cases can include car accidents, slip and fall accidents, dog bites, or even product liability. Each of these cases works a little bit differently, but your lawyer will help you to prove that the other person or company was negligent and therefor caused your injury. For instance, in a car accident, your lawyer may prove that the person who was driving was at fault because they were using their phone while they were driving. Since they weren’t paying attention to the road, they were negligent and caused the accident which injured you. In a slip and fall, the negligence may lie in the business failing to clean or clearly mark a spill in a timely manner to prevent you from slipping on the spill and being injured.

Once your lawyer has proven the negligence, you will be able to receive compensation for your injury. The compensation, like they type of case, can vary. Some of the types of compensation you may receive, depending on the reason for your injury, are coverage for your medical bills, coverage for car repairs or replacement, money to cover you for time lost from work, and pain and suffering. If you were permanently injured or your medical treatments will take a long time, you can get compensation for short and long term medical bills.

Being injured through no fault of your own can put a temporary stop to your life while you recover. Instead of worrying about covering the bills while you recover, you should speak with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Terre Haute IN such as McGlone Law. The lawyer you choose can help you prove that the other person or business was negligent so that they will have to compensate you for your injuries.

Related Articles